Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Free Starbucks Instant Coffee


While I unabashedly despise Starbucks, I understand that some of my readers may not share in my deep contempt. And so I'm setting my strong feelings aside--very briefly--only because they're giving something away for free. Yup, that's right. You can request a free sample of their new instant coffee, "Starbucks VIA Ready Brew," by entering in your name and address on their web site. Hurray! Now you can reproduce that burnt, acrid coffee flavor in an instant!

If you're wondering what "VIA" stands for...I'm afraid I can't help you out: I couldn't find an explanation for the mysterious acronym on the site (then again, I didn't look very hard). But I can provide you with their (self-important? pretentious?) description of their latest creation:

"Unlike traditional instant coffee, which lacks the essential oils that give coffee its flavor and aroma, ours is made with the highest-quality arabica beans, finely ground to release their fullest flavor."

I know, I know, I shouldn't be so hard on them. I just enjoy it too much. Obviously I won't be taking Starbucks up on this offer, so I'm relying on my readers to report back to me with a taste test. (Go for it and prove me wrong!)

No comments: