Monday, September 27, 2010

To get us in the mood for fall...

I got my daily Food&Wine newsletter today and they have some wonderful slideshows for fall recipes. Just looking through them gets me in the mood for crisp weather, pumpkins, and plaid.  The recipes utilize fall produce (i.e. lots of butternut squash) - but F&W keeps things interesting with creative ingredient pairings and by blending together different cuisines. The recipes below caught my eye - nothing drastically different from what I'd already make, but each tinged for the fall season, so it seems:









All photos from FoodandWine.com

3 comments:

pastamama said...

mmmnnn...love your choices...I want all of them!

Anonymous said...

Emily, I printed out the polenta recipe and I am going to make it tonight! It looks delicious, I will let you know how it goes!
Jean

Anonymous said...

So I made the Polenta Graten with mushroom and spinach....i followed the recipe exactly...it was absolutely delicious...Big Gus loved it too. I will definately be making it again, so easy to do and yet looks so impressive!