Friday, October 22, 2010

Serious Eats Presents...Best Croissants in NYC

I was just thinking the other day how I haven't had a croissant in what feels like forever.  I see them everywhere - groceries, coffee shops, bakeries, green markets - but I'm always hesitant to get one because there's nothing more disheartening than a mushy, tasteless croissant.

Well, that's a touch dramatic, but my memory of eating fresh croissants in Paris on a family vacation is too perfect to mar. Luckily, Serious Eats has sought out the best croissants NYC has to offer in another one of their fabulous "best of" lists.

The winner, pictured below, is a croissant from Ceci-Cela Patisserie in Nolita, but my hunch is a croissant at most any of these places would be extremely authentic, buttery, and delicious. Check out the slideshow at Serious Eats to view the rest of the mouth-watering contenders.

Look at those airy layers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks wonderful! I once had a seafood crepe in a French bakery that I know will never be matched. It was that delicious!

Jean