Friday, February 13, 2009

Cinnamon Apple Spice Tea: Apple Pie in a Cup

Although I'm a coffee lover at heart, there’s nothing like curling up with a good book, a blanket, and a steaming cup of herbal tea. And since this cold weather has the tendency to turn me into an eighty-year-old woman in which I never want to leave my apartment and find myself deeply engrossed in Snuggie infomercials (or better yet, watch the more realistic version), tea has been one of the few things helping me get through my days as a seemingly normal twenty-two-year old.


My latest find: Celestial Seasonings Cinnamon Apple Spice bagged tea. It’s seriously like drinking an apple pie. One whiff brings back childhood memories of my mom's freshly baked apple pie cooling off on the counter. The added benefits? A box of 20 will cost you less than a regular burnt cup of coffee at Starbucks ($2.99). AND they offer fun facts on the box. (Did you know that Cinnamon was valued more highly than gold in Ancient Egypt? Yeah, I'm still trying to find a way to interject that into normal conversation.)

Speaking of Starbucks, though, I begrudgingly have to admit that their Berry Chai Infusion is pretty spectacular, though my little wallet and deep-seated hatred of that corporate Frankenstein usually get in the way of me ever buying it.

My recommendation for making the most of these blustery days? Skip the chains, stay in, and savor the deeply satisfying aroma and taste of a cup of Cinnamon Apple Spice. Made with all-natural ingredients at zero calories, your wallet and tummy will thank you.

No comments: