Saturday, February 14, 2009

Free Coffee Anyone?


Apparently February is free coffee month in Manhattan! In a genius marketing campaign, SeamlessWeb, a service which allows you to place restaurant delivery orders through their website, is giving away thousands of free cups of joe in multiple locations throughout the city.

Partners include various cafes, bistros, and Guy & Gallard. According to the site, you simply walk in and ask for a free small cup--no gimmicks, no catch. I haven't tried it yet, although when I walked past Austin's cafe a couple weeks ago I saw a sign advertising free coffee. Come to think of it, it's amazing I passed that up. It was probably only out of consideration for my tiny bladder.

Each week a different section of the city participates (see the full schedule for times and locations). So if you're a coffee fanatic like me, or just excited that something is actually being given away for free in Manhattan, you can still catch the tail end: this week it'll be the upper East and West sides, and the last week of February the Financial District will be well caffeinated.

No comments: